The A20-Mini is Sound Devices’ first miniature transmitter and incorporates state-of-the-art features such as full remote control via the A20-Remote app, GainForward Architecture, internal 32-bit float recording, a worldwide tuning range of 470 MHz – 694 MHz, and more.
The A20-Mini is fully compatible with Sound Devices’ existing A10 Digital Wireless System.
A20-Remote is the A20-Mini’s companion app and is available on iOS, iPadOS, and Android phones and tablets with Bluetooth® 5.2.
The intuitive interface allows sound professionals to control RF transmit frequency and power, turn the Mini on and off, start and stop recording, mute the microphone, format the media, and more.
The A20-Mini’s internal, high-efficiency 2.4 GHz antenna ensures excellent Bluetooth range. The A20-Remote app offers easy adjustment of transmitter settings after the unit has been placed on talent, eliminating unnecessary downtime on set.
One of the most beneficial features to sound professionals is the A20-Mini’s groundbreaking GainForward Architecture. Most digital wireless systems require gain to be set at the transmitter, the receiver, and finally the recorder. GainForward allows sound professionals to set gain, limiters, and low-cut directly on the channel of their 8-Series mixer-recorder with zero loss in sound quality.
Sound professionals with other mixer-recorders will also be able to adjust gain, limiters and low-cut locally via menus on the A10-RX. GainForward saves time during production by giving sound professionals immediate control of gain without needing access to the transmitter – perfect for social distancing on set or complex wardrobes.
- 64GB internal storage (80 hours recording in 48 kHz, 32-bit float
- Full 10 Hz – 20 kHz audio bandwidth
- Recordings synchronized by the ultra-accurate 0.2 ppm internal timecode generator
- Can be jammed via USB-C with negligible drift over a 24-hour period
- Full remote control of the Mini via A20-Remote app
- Sleek, rugged, and water-resistant chassis with rounded corners
- Powered by three AAA batteries or a rechargeable Sony NP-BX1 battery
- Built-in charging for the NP-BX1 is available via the USB-C port
The A20-Mini pairs with the A10-RX wireless receiver to deliver legendary British audio quality with the best of American design.
To learn more about the A20-Mini and view specifications and training videos, visit sounddevices.com/a20-mini
DOUBLE the battery life with the A20-BatteryDoubler >>>